According to Steven Altrogge, if you were to read only 3 pages of a good book a day in addition to the Bible, here’s some of the amazing things you could accomplish:
- You could grow in your love for the great truths of the Bible by reading Wayne Grudem’s Systematic Theology (1291 pgs).
- You could gain a clearer understanding of the Old Testament and how it flows seamlessly into the New Testament by reading Bruce Waltke’s Old Testament Theology (1024 pages).
- You could kill your sin and love Christ more effectively by reading John Owen’s Overcoming Sin and Temptation (464 pages) and Communion With the Triune God (448 pages).
- You could strengthen your marriage by reading Sex, Romance, and the Glory of God (128 pages), When Sinners Say I Do (190 pages), Love that Lasts (176 pages), and This Momentary Marriage (192 pages).
- You could fall on your knees before the majesty of God as you read R.C. Sproul’s The Holiness of God (240 pages), John Piper’s Desiring God (358 pages), and J.I. Packer’s Knowing God (286 pages).
- You could be melted by the mercy of God as you read Living the Cross Centered Life (176 pages), The Gospel Primer (97 pages), The Disciplines of Grace (256 pages), and The Cross of Christ (380 pages).
If you’re a slower reader (like me), which is very difficult to change, maybe you could become a disciplined reader (like me), which is very easy to implement. 3 pages a day covers a lot of ground!